Care Cost Estimate
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”) requires hospitals to provide clear, accessible pricing information online about the items and services they provide. Transparency and clear communication are also a top priority for CaroMont Health, and this information will make it easier for you to view and compare prices, while estimating the cost of care before going to the hospital. The price of care may vary based on your health insurance benefit plan.
CaroMont Health is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare system that serves patients and communities in North Carolina and South Carolina. CaroMont Health recognizes the importance of helping patients make informed decisions about healthcare including charges for their care.
- Standard charges – The regular charge established by CaroMont Regional Medical Center for items and services provided to a patient in connection with an inpatient admission or an outpatient department visit. As part of its’ commitment to compliance with Pricing Transparency, CaroMont Regional Medical Center will post the following types of prices:
- Gross charges – The charge for an individual item that is reflected on the hospital’s chargemaster and is the charge for services that are reflected on the patient’s bill. Gross charges can vary depending on the specific services received by the patient. This rate does not include any discounts.
- Discounted cash price – The charge that applies to an uninsured individual who pays cash, or the cash equivalent, for a hospital item or service. The charge is unrelated to any charity care or financial assistance that CaroMont Regional Medical Center may apply to a patient’s bill as part of its documented financial assistance program. To learn more, click here.
- De-identified minimum and maximum negotiated charge – The lowest and highest charge that CaroMont Regional Medical Center has negotiated with its third-party payers for an item or service. The lowest and highest de-identified negotiated charge is published for each item or service that the hospital provides.
- Payor specific charges negotiated contracts – The payor specific charges per negotiated contracts are updated January each year. Payor specific charges listed do not reflect all contractual adjustments and/or limits imposed by these contracts; actual charges are determined by certain criteria and payor policies specific to each patient’s account.