CaroMont Health supports open visitation in all facilities. However, for the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors and employees, visitation may be limited or restricted when it is clinically necessary. The following visitor restrictions and screening requirements are in place for all CaroMont Health facilities.
Masking Requirements for all CaroMont Health Facilities:
Masks are optional for patients, visitors and employees in CaroMont Health facilities, with the exception of CaroMont Cancer Center, Lincoln Cancer Center and CaroMont Hematology & Oncology. Patients may request that CaroMont Health care teams wear masks during any care encounter.
CaroMont Regional Medical Center, Emergency Care Centers, CaroMont Specialty Surgery, CaroMont Outpatient Surgery and CaroMont Endoscopy Center
All visitors must:
- Not have symptoms of COVID-19, flu or other respiratory illness, nor have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days or have a pending COVID-19 test.
- Comply with all guidance related to infection control processes, follow directions from staff and remain in designated areas at all times.
Adult patients requiring isolation for COVID-19:
- Adult patients with COVID-19 requiring isolation may have one (1) visitor at a time.
- Visitors must pass mandatory health screening prior to entering the hospital. We also strongly recommend compliance with all personal protective equipment (PPE) and infection prevention protocols.
- To review the full guidelines for visiting a patient with COVID-19, please click here.
Patients with the following conditions may be allowed additional visitors, as determined by the treating physician and facility leadership: end-of-life circumstances, certain communication barriers and caregiver/decision-making.
CaroMont Medical Group - Physician Offices and Urgent Care Centers, CaroMont Cancer Centers and Outpatient Departments
To help ensure adequate space in reception areas and exam rooms, patients are asked to limit visitors to only necessary caregivers and immediate family members.
If patients are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with a suspected or confirmed case of the virus, they are asked to call before visiting any CaroMont Medical Group office or Urgent Care location.