Partners in Education
Much like healthcare, education has the unique ability to enrich and support not only the recipient but also all who surround them. Our educational partnerships include:
- Belmont Abbey
- LPN Pathway with Gaston College
- CNA Pathway with Gaston College
- CaroMont Health Sciences Academy at East Gaston High School
The 2021 Team CaroMont donations went to:
- $186,200 in general scholarships to 55 recipients and 27 of your co-workers
- $23,353 to support CaroMont Health employees and their families who experienced hardships
- 228 screening mammograms for those who could not afford this life-saving screening with 3 early detections of breast cancer
- 110 oncology patient transports to 420 cancer treatment appointments
- $794,500 in support of grant programs aimed at improving the health of our community
Every year, Gaston Hospice serves more than 1,000 patients and families, regardless of their ability to pay. This is due in large part to the contributions given by generous donors in our community.
When you support Gaston Hospice, you are giving back to the community and those we serve. With your support, many will find hope, respect and comfort when they need it the most.
Society of 1946
Named for the year a private medical facility became our community's hospital, this giving society recognizes individuals across the community who annually make a donation of $1,946 or more.
Women Optimizing Wellness
Established in 2014 by women in the community, this fund puts philanthropy to work through annual investments that support health-related education, programming and grants aimed at improving the health and wellness of Gaston County.